James, the Sidekick Sauce founder had been making and selling his Zingy Pepper sauce to family and friends for a couple of years. From this success, he experimented with a few more pepper sauce recipes. Everyone loved them so much, he decided to launch them to the world. This meant he wanted to develop a visual brand identity and product range labels to appeal to the new generation of spicy chilli sauce eaters.
- The brand name – Sidekick – for the range of chilli sauces
- The bottle shape
- The label dimensions
- Consumer insights from market research
Sidekick Sauce brand colours
- The Sidekick brand colour palette is sophisticated and spicy, with a bit of kick. The core brand colours are black and white brightened with orange.
Brand logo and icon
- The Sidekick brand logo is supported by the lightning bolt icon which represents the unexpected spicy kick of the sauces.
Sidekick Sauce brand hierarchy of communication
Created a consistent brand hierarchy of communication for every product label, using:
- The droplet label shape for brand recognition
- The lightning bolt
- The weathered background, reminiscent of smoky barbecues in genial company
- The heat scale droplets to help customers select the sauce that suits their taste
- The natural colours of each product
Brand marketing materials
Developing the visual style for the brand across a range of printed materials. These were all designed to be consistent with the brand personality:
- Business cards
- Recipe cards
- A7 branded product cards – to send out with customer orders
- Branded banner to use at chilli sauce festivals
Sidekick Sauce brand strategy
- Brand purpose, values and personality
- Brand essence and promise
- Benchmarking competitors
- Creative brief to focus on the desired result
- Colour palette to fit the Sidekick Sauce brand personality
- Concept sketchbook
- Label hierarchy of communication
- Label concepts
- Design development & detailing
- Logo formats
- Website & Social Media consultant
- PR consultant
- New brand look and style
- Confident ‘big’ brand approach
- Professional aid to gaining distribution
Interested in discussing how we can help revitalise your branding?
Let’s talk. Simply book a FREE 20 minutes Brand Discovery Session now.