Developing the name, packaging and brochure for Able & Handy branding
From the start the brief for Able & Handy branding was to create a name that would work as a master brand. It was required to sell a great value range of innovative and useful tools, gadgets and solutions for the home, garden, car and leisure.
Strategic Start Points
The new brand and the product range is affordable, innovative and useful. It should appeal to both men and women. The packaging must be bright, colourful and have high impact in store.
Able & Handy branding
- The client brief was to create a new brand name for an expanding range of useful tools and gadgets. The name had to appeal to both men and women. It also raises a smile and hence emotional engagement.
- The Able & Handy branding colours had to be modern, bright and fresh, to create stand-out in store. The palette of navy, orange and bright turquoise combines trust and authority with an affordable and fresh outlook.
- The distinctive holding device provides a neat icon. It also has the flexibility to work across different packaging formats and sizes. It can be used in colour and in black and white if required.
Brand hierarchy of communication
It was important to create a consistent hierarchy of communication for Able & Handy branding of the product packs. The important elements are:
- Brand colours
- Product images
- Features and benefits
How we worked with Able & Handy
- Brand naming workshop to generate a range of brand name ideas. The workshop inputs were based on the desired Able & Handy brand personality, value proposition and positioning.
Brand logo and packaging design
- Benchmarking competitors
- Creative brief
- Colour palette to fit the brand personality
- Packaging hierarchy of communication
- Pack design concept sketchbook
- Design development & detailing
- Planning the brochure pagination and product order
- Styling and design
- Project management of design and photography
- Page templates
Brand Revitalisation Result
- Memorable new brand name
- Impactful new brand logo and packaging
- Supports the value proposition and sell-in to retailers